PE and Sports Premium
Evidencing the impact of the Primary PE and Sports Premium 2020-21
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is providing funding directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children, the funding is ring-fenced and can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools have to spend the sport funding on improving the provision of PE and sport, but we have the freedom to choose how we do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- Hiring Specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional sports clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/Sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sports competitions or increasing participation in the school games
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs
How will we be spending the funding and who will benefit?
The staff, children and governors at Moorland Primary all agree that the money must be used so that:
- All children benefit regardless of sporting ability
- Children are given the opportunity to compete in local tournaments
- Staff have access to resources, training opportunities and continued professional development to improve the quality of teaching and learning in physical education
- Children are exposed to a range of traditional and non-traditional sports and health enhancing activities through the curriculum, clubs and school visits
- We explore ways to ensure that swimming is developed so that children are water safe as a minimum standard