Aims and Values
At Moorland School we value each individual equally and welcome the contribution they make to our community.
Our school values are: Ready, Respectful, Safe
At Moorland School:
- We are a community with learning at its heart, where the learning environment is caring, safe, fun and challenging
- Every person is respected
- Every person is inspired to embrace challenge and make a positive contribution
- Our creative and inclusive school celebrates success and looks to the future with optimism and confidence
We value our partnership with parents and friends in the local community as we work together to encourage and develop in the children a sense of responsibility, respect, consideration and empathy towards others.
The aims of our school are:
- To provide a welcoming, safe and caring environment in which the children and members of staff are valued.
- To promote the health and well being of all the members of the school community.
- To give opportunities and encourage all to communicate confidently and develop lively and enquiring minds.
- To provide a high quality education for all through a challenging and creative curriculum where each child is supported in achieving their full potential.
- To enable children to develop Literacy, Numeracy and ICT skills as the tools to access all future learning.
- To develop knowledge of the world and encourage respect for the many cultures within our present day society.
- To promote parental and community involvement in the school.
- To encourage, in the children, independence and a love of learning that we hope will be life-long; preparing them for the challenges and changes of the future and enabling them to make a positive contribution to the world in which they live.