Aims and Values
At Moorland School we value each individual equally and welcome the contribution they make to our community.
Our school RESPECT values are:
We value our partnership with parents and friends in the local community as we work together to encourage and develop in the children a sense of responsibility, respect, consideration and empathy towards others.
The aims of our school are:
- To provide a welcoming, safe and caring environment in which the children and members of staff are valued.
- To promote the health and well being of all the members of the school community.
- To give opportunities and encourage all to communicate confidently and develop lively and enquiring minds.
- To provide a high quality education for all through a challenging and creative curriculum where each child is supported in achieving their full potential.
- To enable children to develop Literacy, Numeracy and ICT skills as the tools to access all future learning.
- To develop knowledge of the world and encourage respect for the many cultures within our present day society.
- To promote parental and community involvement in the school.
- To encourage, in the children, independence and a love of learning that we hope will be life-long; preparing them for the challenges and changes of the future and enabling them to make a positive contribution to the world in which they live.